Re: Can't validate against XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 with namespace prefixing

From: Klaus Bosse <klaus.bosse@ngi.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:06:06 +0200
To: "W3C MathML" <www-math@w3.org>, "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@niksula.hut.fi>
Cc: "Waltraud Schweikhardt \(Uni\)" <schweikh@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
> On Monday, April 1, 2002, at 03:48 , Klaus Bosse wrote:
>
> > You even then don't have to write the namespace declaration explicit
> > in the
> > math- or html-element because this is done implicit by the DTD .
>
> It is better not to rely on external subset-based defaulting.
> Real-life browsers with non-validating XML-parsers aren't required to
> process the external subset.
>
> As a concrete example, external subset-based attribute defaulting
> doesn't work in Mozilla.
>
> --

Of course the example in my last mail may cause difficulties as described
in the XML-Namespace Recommendation [4. Using Qualified Names,
Namespace Constraint: Prefix Declared] although it is conform to that
Recommendation (and valid).
It was intended to show the posibilities with the XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0
DTD espescially for the case when even namespace attributes in html or body
elements are rejected as described in the initial mail.

So here is an example also conforming to the XML-Namespace Recommendation
and using a Prefix for the MathML elements which works well in Mozilla.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN"
 "./dtd/xhtml-math11-f.dtd"[
 <!ENTITY % MATHML.prefixed "INCLUDE" >
]>
  <head>