Re: Validating MathML

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:45:30 GMT
To: leo@iems.nwu.edu
CC: www-math@w3.org

> Probably the easiest is to run it through STG
not of you haven't got STG. (what is it? I assume it's a validating XML
parser of some sort).

> <!ELEMENT min (scenario+,ghrs?,property)>

that's going to cause you problems as mathml has an element <min/>
declared to be empty, unless you declare a prefix for mathml and use for
example <m:min/>

>  reference to undeclared entity: %mrow.qname;

your parser seems to be broken. The first couple of lines of
http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd
load the file
http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2-qname-1.mod
and that file has
<!ENTITY % mrow.qname           "%MATHML.pfx;mrow" >

I would try using a different validating parser: if the files work with
rxp and don't work with the parser you are using, try sending a bug
report to the producer of your parser.