Re: MathML Equation Labels

From: Scott Gerard <sgerard@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:45:07 -0600
To: www-math@w3.org
Thanks for your help, David!  I number my equations in HTML for now, and
switch to <mlabeledtr> when I can get a MathML 2 plugin.

I working on a Lattice Catalog web site and want to make it as accessible
as possible, including students.  So I want to be able to point my visitors
at free MathML plugins.  I've checked out some of the plugins on the MathML
software list, but there are too many to try all of them (which is a really
great).  Currently, I'm using IBM's TechExplorer which only supports MathML
1.01.  However, I'll try to keep tabs on them to see when they upgrade to
MathML2.  I'd appreciate hearing if you have any favorite, free plugins.

Suggestion:  I imagine W3C has to be careful about recommending one
company's plugin over another's, but it would help MathML adoption if there
were a "Quick Start" section somewhere on the W3C/Math site.  I've spent a
number of hours getting up to speed, and I'm not sure if I've made the best
choices.  The biggest choice being my decision to use the presentation tags
rather than the content tags -- for no particularly good reason.

Scott Gerard