Re: MathML Equation Labels

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:28:47 GMT
To: sgerard@us.ibm.com
CC: www-math@w3.org

> I have been reading the MathML (1.01) spec

MathML 1 did not have any specific support for equation labels.

You could either do it using a table and manually place the
equation number or treat the equation number as part of the surrounding
document and not MathML at all (or as a separate inline MathML fragment)

In MathML2 we have added a special variant of table row <mlabeledtr>
so that you can label (and align) equations. Your example would be
encoded something like:

  <mlabeledtr id='e-is-m-c-square'>
      <mtext> (23) </mtext>