MathMLPredefinedSymbol Java Binding

From: M J Hale <M.J.Hale@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:45:57 -0500 (EST)
To: www-math@w3.org

I wonder if someone could clarify the purpose of the get/setArity()
methods in the MathML Java bindings. As I understand the documentation,
getArity should return the (maximum) number of arguments the symbol takes.
But, I don't understand what setArity() should do. Isn't the arity of a
symbol a readonly attribute? Also, is there an official list of what the
arities of the various symbols are? The documentation covers things like
add, minus, etc but what about tendsto, int, etc? Cam I take it that the
number of arguments corresponds to the number of apply elements the symbol

Mark Hale