Re: mstyle attributes

From: Neil Soiffer <soiffer@wolfram.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:17:35 -0800 (PST)
To: quint@w3.org
Cc: www-math@w3.org
> In the MathML 2.0 CR DTD, attributes rowspan and columnspan are allowed
> for mstyle elements, but they are not mentioned in section 3.3.4, which
> describes the mstyle element. It's inconsistant. I guess section 3.3.4
> is right, as I don't see any use of a mstyle element with these attributes.
>
> Vincent.

They are legal, as implicitly stated at the beginning of section 3.3.4.1 and
3.3.4.2.  From 3.3.4.1:

	As stated above, mstyle accepts all attributes of all MathML
	presentation elements which do not have required values. That
	is, all attributes which have an explicit default value or a
	default value which is inherited or computed are accepted by
	the mstyle element.

	Neil