Re: Marking up Temporal Logic

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:06:15 +0100 (BST)
To: www-math@w3.org

> Not every Unicode character have named entities.  Many mathematical
> operators have no named entity.  Assuming you don't have a Unicode capable
> editor, numeric entities are the only way to access these characters.

although since this is a w3c list it is probably worth mentioning that
the entity declarations for mathml (unsurprisingly) name a lot more
characters than the html or (currently) standard unicode listings.

see the file bycodes.html in the mathml rec.

Still, I think even the extended lists in MathML don't cover all
the symbols required for temporal logic (and numeric references don't
help either as the characters simply aren't there).