Re: warnings from Xeena: dagger multipli-defined

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:23:35 +0100 (BST)
To: hammond@csc.albany.edu
CC: www-math@w3.org

> Has ISO been approached?

Not by me.

> (Perhaps the xml definition could use a "precedence level" in connection
> with entity set inclusions.)
Are you suggesting a change to XML?

Incidentally, according to the XML spec (4.2 first paragraph) an XML
application may warn of multiple entity definitions as a __user option__
So if Xeena is a conforming XML application it should have a user
customisation option to turn these warnings off.

> Since these two files have origin in other different places (ISO and
> AMS, is this right,
wrong
or is the duplication at ISO?)
yes

the `A' in `AMS' is not American but Additional.

> Without having checked
I did check at the time and I believe that mathml and HTML were in
agreement on all entity definitions. I hope that's still true:-)