Re: LeftRightArrow equivalence operator?

From: Robert Miner <rminer@geomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 19:42:47 -0500
To: devlinh@nwu.edu
CC: www-math@w3.org

Hi Hugh,

> Thanks for your reply and for your work on MathML.
> Sorry if my question was not clear.
> I found the Unicode character and the MathML alias I was looking for,
> but I guess I was asking more about MathML,
> where's the content mark-up element for "equivalence", "biconditional"?

Ah, now I understand.  It was I who was missing something...

Your suggestion is a very good one.  I agree.  I should double check
before making a promise, but I am pretty confident that "equivalence"
is slated for addition as a content logic operator in the next
revision of the spec.

The working group has set itself the task of getting out
a draft  by the time we next meeting in early November.  This next
revision (version 2.0) will be the last one for a while, since the
W3C Math group's charter runs out in February.

--Robert

Robert Miner                          http://www.webeq.com
Geometry Technologies, Inc.           email: rminer@geomtech.com
                                      phone: 651-223-2884