Amaya examples <fwd>

From: Bob Tapper <R.J.Tapper@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:15:53 +0100 (British Summer Time)
To: www-math@w3.org

Dear Ms Vatton and www-math,
    I am a university physics teacher anxious to use MathML in a
teaching environment, and I wish to strongly support your efforts to
popularise MathML with the release of Amaya. However there seems to be
a problem with the examples you have provided. Your version of
Maxwell's Equations lacks the essential gaps between the four equations
which are vital for them to be mathematically meaningful. This is true
of your screen shot and of the rendering produced by the Amaya browser.
    I am using Windows NT, but so basic a problem as the absence of
gaps in the screen shot gif file surely cannot depend on the details of
my installation. I very strongly urge you to correct this unfortunate
error, which is likely to cause a completely unwarranted negative
response amongst your target audience.
               again my best wishes for your excellent project

Bob Tapper
R.J.Tapper@bristol.ac.uk
http://www.phy.bris.ac.uk/staff/tapper_rj.html