Re: UMI Dissertation Abstracts

From: Zbigniew Fiedorowicz <fiedorow@math.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:57:11 -0400
To: Nico Poppelier <nico@schier7.demon.nl>, www-math@w3.org
Cc: fiedorow@math.ohio-state.edu
At 08:38 PM 7/6/99 +0200, Nico Poppelier wrote:
>Zbigniew Fiedorowicz wrote:
>> There is no indication on their web pages that anything has changed.
>If that is true, is it than an accident, an error in the conversion
>used to generate those HTML pages?

I finally managed to get through to someone at UMI who has some (not
much, see below) idea what I was talking about. He confirmed that this
is not a technical glitch but a deliberate policy decision.

The official reason given for this policy change:
  TeX/LaTeX unlike SGML is not Y2K compliant

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz