Re: Charset and MathML

From: Andreas Strotmann <strotmann@rrz.uni-koeln.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:19:48 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org, strotmann@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Kostya wrote:
> Robert is no dought right. But then one should publish _all_ Unicode
> entity names together with MathML manual. As I understand, Unicode
> committee wants $59 for that table. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Have you taken a look at
     ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/
to check if the file UnicodeData-Latest.txt there is the table you are
looking for? In that case, it would be included in your Internet Access
bill -- which is almost, but not quite "free", considering that the file is
450+KB...

BTW, I'm surprised to learn that MathML doesn't allow general 16-bit
Unicode.  I had always thought that full Unicode support was implied by
saying that it is an XML application!?

--
Andreas Strotmann        /~~~~~~~~\_________A.Strotmann@Uni-Koeln.DE
Universitaet zu Koeln   /|  University of Cologne    \