Content Markup

From: Luis Alvarez <alvarez@zib.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:50:35 +0100 (MET)
To: www-math@w3.org
When defining a function using the <declare> construct, it is not clear
how many arguments the function takes. According to the specification, a
function can be declared as follows:

<declare type=fn nargs=2>
 <ci>F</ci>
 <apply><sin/>
   <apply><plus/>
     <ci>x</ci>
     <ci>y</ci>
     <ci>z</ci>
   </apply>
 </apply>
</declare>

We do not know which ones of x, y or z are the two free variables of the
function F, and which one of them is constant.

I would like to know if I am maybe misinterpreting MathML or is it clearly
semantic information which is lacking?

Luis Alvarez
Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum fur Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)
Optimisation Division

Tel: (+49 30) 84 18 53 34