Re: MathML vs HTML math, vs ???

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:09:12 +0000 ()
To: "Gregory A. Landrum" <landrum@hal9000.ac.rwth-aachen.de>
cc: www-math@w3.org
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Gregory A. Landrum wrote:

> certainly not the fault of the working group.  You guys are
> working towards a markup language for math, not some way of
> getting math into the HTML standard.  I was confused, and I
> directed my complaints at the wrong target.  Sorry about that.

The major browser vendors have stated repeatedly that they
were not interested in math. This is likely to change if
there is a ground swell of interest in math on the Web.
I expect this to follow on from the establishment of an
effective "standard" and encouragement for deployment of
support.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)