Re: New software coming soon

From: Robert Miner <rminer@geom.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:22:23 -0500 (CDT)
To: hammond@csc.albany.edu, kcc@miem.edu.ru
CC: www-math@w3.org

Bill, Kostya,

> Does any one have some _ready_to_use_ translation tool from TeX/LaTeX
> to MathML?

I certainly agree th answer is "no", but it is a lot less "no" than
when Bill first asked the question 3 months ago.  Ross Moore has put a
lot of work into adapting LaTeX2HTML to generate MathML, and Sebastian
Rahtz and Eitan Gurari have been working on adding MathML/XML support
to TeX4ht.

I think I posted these URLs before, but just in case:

   http://www.geom.umn.edu/~ross/webtex/webtex
   http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/xml/ml.html

I admit these packages are not "ready_to_use" yet, but they are far
enough along to emphatically dispel the impression that they are
vaporware.

In another 3 months, I think the answer will be "yes".

--Robert