Re: HTML3 MATH tag

From: Neil Soiffer <soiffer@wri.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 15:31:54 -0700
To: msh210@is7.nyu.edu
Cc: www-math@w3.org
>Do any browsers (esp. any versions of Mozilla or MSIE) read the HTML3 MATH
>tag and the tags that go in it? Which? Thanks.

The Amaya browser from the W3C understands the <math> tag and implements
some part of MathML (seems to be mostly presentation tags).  For more info, see
    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/
The MathML implementation work seems to be a work in progress.

I don't know of any other browsers that support the <math> tag.
Note that MathML is *not* HTML3 Math, which never got past the proposal
stage.

	Neil Soiffer
	Wolfram Research