conditionals in MathML

From: Otto, Marcus, Mathe/Informatik <Otto_Marcus@ph-ludwigsburg.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:17:55 GMT
To: www-math@w3.org
Hello,

while reading the MathML-Spec, I couldn't find content elements for
piecewise defined functions like "abs" or the example on the
EzMath page:

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/EzMath/

infix??? operator within <apply>).

Are there any thoughts about including Elements for
conditionals/cases in MathML content markup? To me this seems to be a
basic feature. Especially, if you think about recursively defined
functions like "factorial".

How about:

<!ELEMENT conditional case+>
<!ELEMENT case (condition, %Content;)>

or simply two operators used like this:

<apply>
 <conditional/>
 <apply>
  <case/>
 </apply>
</apply>

Thanks,

Marcus

BTW: I guess there is an cut'n paste error in Appendix F.2.1.1 <cn>
within the property concerning <or/>. Also, there is a forgotten "<"
within the property for <and/>. And shouldn't there be an <eq/>
relation in both of it?

Marcus Otto
Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science
Educational University of Ludwigsburg
mail  : Reuteallee 46, D-71634 Ludwigsburg
phone : +49-7141-140-420
e-mail: otto_marcus@ph-ludwigsburg.de