XML prolog for MathML file?

From: Andreas Strotmann <Strotmann@rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:22:41 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org
Cc: strotmann@rs3.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Hi!

Congratulations for a job well done!

I'm in the process of writing a short article on MathML for our department
newsletter.  The article provides a bit of background on XML, too, because
that is as new as MathML in the context of that publication.

I noticed that XML requires a certain prolog for a valid XML document, and
I was wondering what exactly that prolog would have to look like for a
".mml" document (say MIME type text/mathml and character encoding Latin1):

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding='UTF-8'?>
  <!DOCTYPE MathML
    PUBLIC "what//goes//here/?/"
    "http://www.w3.org/???">

I've been unable to determine the correct information to put here from the
MathML documentation, unfortunately, but I would very much like to provide
that information to my readers.

Thank you very much!

Best,        Andreas

--
Andreas Strotmann       / ~~~~~~ \________________A.Strotmann@Uni-Koeln.DE
Universitaet zu Koeln  /| University of Cologne   \