MathML and XML

From: William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:20:55 -0500 (EST)
To: www-math@w3.org
As I understand things, the eventual implementation of MathML is
supposed to be under the XML umbrella.

Are we sure that mass market client tools are going to be supporting
XML to the extent that we need?  Is it happening or not?

And wasn't there talk of a "MathML plugin"?  Has that happened?
If so, is there a mimetype for it?

<Digression> Is there an enrolled mimetype to supersede
"application/x-dvi", which, with the "/x-", still must be considered
experimental?) </Digression>

                                 -- Bill Hammond

William F. Hammond                   Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics
518-442-4625                                  The University at Albany
hammond@math.albany.edu                      Albany, NY 12222 (U.S.A.)
http://math.albany.edu:8000/~hammond/                FAX: 518-442-4731