analysis techniques

Can anyone give me information on what kind of analysis packages/programs
might be available for doing statistical analyses with logging data? I am
interested in doing analyses which are more sophisticated than descriptive
statistics (i.e. frequencies, means). For example, I would be interested in
analyses such as Markov chains, Poisson processes, time series, or
multivariate regression techniques. My interest is not limited to these
analyses, so anything you could direct me to would be helpful.

-Gloria Mark

   Dr. Gloria Mark
   German National Research Ctr. for Information Technology
   Room C5-312
   Schloss Birlinghoven
   D-53754 Sankt Augustin
   Germany