Re: URI redirection

At 18:25 10/2/97 +0200, Jean-Paul Ballerini wrote:
>Could anybody please tell me how do I can avoid the automatic
>The robot I have built gives me back the content of the redirected page
>related to the original URL. I would like to get the new URL either with

The version 5.1 of libwww doesn't do automatic redirection - you have to
ask it directly. This is what the different profiles are for - they just
initialize the library to handle common situations for a particular type of

The robot profile (HTProfile_newRobot in HTProfil.c) doesn't register the
redirection filter at all.

Hope this helps,

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, mailto:frystyk@w3.org
World Wide Web Consortium