Use of Global Before/After ?

I'm using the standard client profile which calls HTNetInit which, in
turn, registers a standard (global?) set of "After" filters by calling
HTNet_addAfter.  But when I HTRequest_new() the after field is null, and
the filters do not get invoked.  I can't seem to find the code that sets
up the HTRequest after list.

Will someone please tell me what I'm missing?  Do I have to specify the
filters explicitly for each request?

Thanks, John
John Nunneley                                Phone: +1 408 457 4510
DASCOM Inc.                                  Fax:   +1 408 457 0710
1509 Seabright Avenue                        Email: johnn@dascom.com
Santa Cruz CA 95062                          WWW: http://www.dascom.com/