FTP errors

Hi,

I need some help in extracting  errors while looking up an
FTP URL (e.g. ftp://ftp.hp.com/) using the latest WWWLib.

To lookup the URL I do some preliminerries, then:
anchor = HTAnchor_findAddress(state->url);
chunk = HTLoadAnchorToChunk(anchor, request);

To get the error I do:
HTList *list = HTRequest_error(request);
info = (HTError *) HTList_nextObject(list);
index = HTError_index(info);

while (info = (HTError *) HTList_nextObject(list))
{
	 index = HTError_index(info);
	 status = HTErrors[index].code;
	 fprintf(stderr,"index=%d status=%d msg=%s\n", index, status,
HTErrors[index].msg);
}

This works fine for HTTP URLs. But when I try FTP URLs, the list ptr above
comes back 0x0 whether the FTP URL is found or not so there's no error
list for me to walk through.. If the host is not found the
list ptr is valid.

If the list ptr is 0x0 for FTP URLs, how do I check for errors while
visiting a FTP URL? Do I need a different process for visiting FTP
URLs than the above which I'm using for HTTP URLs? Do I need to set
some special flag to get back FTP errors? This wasn't obvious from
looking at the docs and example codes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-David

DWL@slip.net

Please respond to the above e-mail address as I'm not sure how to get
on this mailing list.