Compile Error with SUN C++ 4.1

Hi, all

I am trying to compile my C++ application program with libwww5.1b using SUN C++4.1 (on
Solaris 5.5.1), but the CC emits this error:

"Linkage specifications are allowed only at file level. (wwwlib.h)"

which points to line 26:

	extern "c" {

I have checked up the mailing archive. Am I missing something?  Any hints or advices will
be appriecated.

(BTW the reason I don't use Jigsaw for my client development  is that my application is
written in C++ and it seems hard for C++ to invoke Java codes. So, in that sense, libwww
is still important for portability support.)

Thank in advance

Zhang Xun

CERNET Eastern China (north) Regional Network Center
Southeast University
Nanjing, Jiangsu
China

xzhang@njnet.edu.cn