Re: need a little help

Hi Roland,

In our previous episode, Gecse Roland said:

> Hi!
>
> After running both configure and make, the library and the other programs
> seem to compiled well since I got the executables. But when I try to
> compile eg. libapp_1.c on my own, the compilation brakes while
> preprocessing the included header files. As if the .h-files were not
> correct. I know that's not the case, but what am I doing wrong?
>
> I tried:
>
> gcc -o libapp1 -I/usr/local/w3c-libwww-5.0a/Library/src libapp_1.c -lwww

libwww 5.0a utilises autoconf. This creates a file called config.h,
which seems to be lacking in your gcc command line. Here's how
to proceed:

1) Find the directory where that file is (it should be in the place
where you typed ./configure).

2) Add to your command line a -I/that/directory/name

3) Add a -DHAVE_CONFIG_H to your command line too, so that this file
gets used.

This should give you a command file close to the following:

gcc -o libapp1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/that/directory/name -I/usr/local/w3c-libwww-5.0a/Library/src libapp_1.c -lwww

In case of doubt, go to the Library/Examples directory and see what the
Makefile there does (e.g., try a make -n).

Hope this helps,

-Jose

is needed for the compilation.  which. You
need to add two things to