New beta versions of libwww 4.1 available [WAS Beta 3 configure script problem]

Markku Savela writes:

> I would like to make a suggestion:
>
> If a release has been available and unknown number of people have
> retrieved it, then if you make *any* change, however small, bump the
> version number, *every* time!

I actually have an explanation for why this happended but it's rather long
and not that interesting. Therefore, I think that it's more interesting to
announce that there now is a 4.1b3a version available from our website and
our FTP server. It has a single fix in the aclocal.m4 script file which
caused "test" to fail on some platforms.

4.1 beta 3 publicly available
-----------------------------

Libwww 4.1b3a has been available to W3C members for exactly one month and is
now publicly available from

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Library/
and
	ftp://ftp.w3.org/pub/libwww/

The release notes can be found at

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Library/User/ReleaseNotes.html

4.1 beta 4 available for W3C members
------------------------------------

At the same time, we have released a 4.1b4a version for W3C members. This
version has some new features compared to the beta 3 version - especially
regarding handling persistent connection including automatic connection
recovery in case of the other end dropping the connection.

The member release is available from

	http://www.w3.org/member/WWW/Library/

and the release notes are available from

	http://www.w3.org/member/WWW/Library/User/ReleaseNotes.html

Beta 4 contains all the functionality that is to be included in the final
4.1 release, so please try it out now. Of course, the beta 4 version will
become publicly available September 20 - one month after it's release date
to members.

Have fun,

Henrik