Re: Re(2): saving a URL/newbie rant

"LSH" writes:

> P.S. People, PLEASE, don't take my rant personally!
> 	Why is that when the conversation is about C and C++ differences
> 	many people consider it like a religious persecution?!
> 	I am trying to offend every honest and hard working C programmer
> 	just because s/he is not using the latest OO techniques.
> 	I am simply attempting to suggest a better way (IMO -- I know that
> 	many people don't share it!) to approach the problem at hand.

I don't think that anybody are talking this personally - at least they
shouldn't. My opinion is that we don't have the resources at W3C to rewrite
libwww in C++ but I also don't think that this is necessary. What _is_
feasible, however, would be to build a C++ API on top of the libwww core.
For example a new HTAccess module with a lot better interface for getting a
URL in a simple way. This would be a good start!

I just toook a quick count - there are almost 350 subscribers to this
mailing list and I would be surprised if we should not be able to put
together a small team that would have as task to write a client API in C++
on top of libwww.

We would be happy to provide the disk space and maybe an additional mailing
list for this.

What do you say?

Henrik