For what do we need HTEvent_Loop?

Hello,

Apparently HTEvent_Loop(HTRequest* request) does not try to down load
the requested object. So that should be done before HTEvent_Loop() is
started.  But if the callback funtion invoked upon retrieval of the
object does its own loads, for what do we need the event loop
function?

My problem is the following: I am creating a program that loads
HTML-pages from the net, scans them to find the embedded anchors and
tries to load the associated pages, subject to certain criteria. I
made a callback function that is to be invoked after a page is loaded
and that generates new requests for the embedded links. The first page
is loaded in blocking mode, subsequent pages are loaded non-blocking.

When trying this, I noticed that the requests associated to the first
page are created as expected, but requests originating from the
secondary pages do not appear. That is, when I do not use
HTEvent_Loop(..).  So it appearss that for blocking requests the
callback function is invoked, but not for non-blocking requests
(HTRequest-preemptive(..) == NO). When I use HTEvent_Loop() the loop
is only started after a number of requests have already been kicked
off, and it is not clear to me what request should be passed as an
argument to this function.

My questions: Is the event loop needed to invoke any callbacks?
Or is it not needed when callbacks do their own loads?
And what is done to the request that is passed as an argument?
I scanned the documentation but could not find an answer to these
questions. Where can I find them?

greetings
--
Pim Lemmens                              Mathematics & Computing Science
wsinpim@win.tue.nl                    Eindhoven University of Technology