Re: a question about converter

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> parser. As the MIME header gets parsed, the MIME parser finds out the "true"
> media type of the MIME body and then calls the stream stack again. What are
> the symptoms? Do you have a trace of the line mode browser?

Thank you, I have solved the problem. I registered three converters:
HTTPStatus_new, MIMEParser and HTXParse. I find that HTTPStatus_new will handle
the data from http server first which always have the type "text/x-http",
then call stream stack, and pass data to MIMEParse, which will analyse
the MIME header, get the content type (such as "text/html, image/gif etc"),
and remove the MIME header from the data and call stream stack again,
then pass it to HTXParse where I can process the  data according to
its content type.

So suppose we registered many converters including HTTPStatus_new
and MIMEParse, then HTTPStatus_new and MIMEParse will always be called
first, then the best match converter will be called according to the
input format, output format and quality factor.

Is my understanding right?

--
Tao Jiang     Visiting Scientist, CECI, MIT
email:   jiangt@ceci.mit.edu    URL:  http://ceci.mit.edu/staff/jiangt/