I've improved news support - is anyone interested?
To: "'WWW Library Mailing List'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: I've improved news support - is anyone interested?
From: Maciej Puzio <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 15:11:18 +-100
From firstname.lastname@example.org Wed Mar 27 09: 02:07 1996
Recently I noted that the library doesn't have a good News support. Especially
presenting message and newsgroup lists to the user isn't handled very well.
So... I have added some of the lacking features to my copy of the library.
- presenting message reference threads as nested lists
- hierarchical presentation of newsgroups within "* sets" (e.g. soc.* includes
soc.culture.*, which in turn includes soc.culture.hongkong)
- simple memory newsgroup list cache, capable of handling one host at a time
- improved HTParseTime function, to deal with variety of date formats used in message lists
- corrected many errors and bugs in HTNDir.c and HTNewsLs.c
Is anyone interested in this?