Re: HTDialog ...

I am not sure whether this has reached the list or not - but in case you have
already seen it then please ignore it - otherwise sorry for the delay :-)

moi writes:
> I am using the libwww in Windows so I want to have dialog boxes to prompt user for informations...
> In HTDialog.c there's some functions to redefine so I have done it :

The application can use the predefined versions of the Dialog messages but
it can also register its own - just like you're doing. The only thing
that's important is that as they are call back functions they must have be of
the right type, that is HTAlert_callback which is defined in HTAlert.html.
There's a bit more information about error handling at

> PUBLIC BOOL PromptDialog (HTRequest * request, HTAlertOpcode op,
> 				int msgnum, CONST char * dfault, void * input,
> 				HTAlertPar * reply)
> {
> 	if (msgnum == HT_MSG_FILENAME)
> 		{
> 		// filename to save
> 		... code to show my dialog box
> 		}
> }
> main (  )
>  {
> 	// .... some code
> 	HTAlert_add(PromptDialog, HT_A_PROMPT);
> 	// rest of code ...
> }
> Doing that I was hoping to have my dialog box appear when an unknown MIME type was receive but instead all
> goes to an HTBlackHole ... without my box displayed !
> The trace give me this :
> -----------------------
> MIMEParser.. Convert image/x-xbitmap to www/present
> StreamStack. Constructing stream stack for image/x-xbitmap to www/present
> BlackHole... Created
> Read Socket. Target returns 29999
> ---------------------

I can think of four things to check:

1) Have you set the Interactive mode to on in the HTAlert module? Use the

	void HTAlert_setInteractive (BOOL interactive);
	BOOL HTAlert_interactive (void)

   methods to do this

2) Have you registered a "save locally" stream to dump it to local disk?
Something like

    ** This dumps all other formats to local disk without any further
    ** action taken
    HTConversion_add(c,"*/*", "www/present", HTSaveLocally, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0);

3) What does HTAlert_find return? Check what and if it returns soemthing

4) Try and run with all verbose output turned on then you will get information
by the alert module.