Re: Are you using libwww?
Company Name : BBN Corporation
1) Are you actively using libwww (version) : ?
Yes, Version 3.1
2) If yes in 1) for what purpose(s) :
A) As part of a commercial product : Yes
B) As part of a research development : Yes
C) As part of internal Web tools : Yes
D) Other :
3) Main reason for (not) using it : It allows us to keep up with the changing
standard and not have to reimplement the wheel.
4) Give main feature(s) you like : Multi threading and Multi protocols
5) Give main feature(s) you hate : Complex API, it is in C instead of C++.
6) Optional comments :
We don't really understand why non-W3C member have to wait
extra time before getting the library. Seems everybody benefits from
the bug reports of the "world". If this were a commercial product, I
could understand the delay, but isn't it just silly to make everybody
wait? Surely, people don't join the W3C to get the software a month or