Sierra On-Line FAQ

>>From www@www.sierra.com Wed Aug 16 19:26:25 1995
>Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 10:27:22 -0700
>From: NCSA HTTPd <www@www.sierra.com>
>To: cprom@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at
>Subject: Sierra On-Line FAQ
>
>(Following is a FAQ for the SierraWeb Welcome Kit)
>
>Welcome to SIERRAWEB*
>
>Here is some helpful information which we hope can answer a range
>of  possible  questions.  At  Sierra On-line, we want to make all
>your visits to our web site most enjoyable.
>
>SIERRAWEB FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
>
>Q: How do I log on to the Sierra On-line web site?
>
>A: The SierraWeb address on the World Wide Web is
>
>                                        http://www.sierra.com/
>
>Since this document was most likely sent to you along  with  your
>password  verification then you've already signed on to SierraWeb
>once.
>

>Q: What do I do with the verification code-words you e-mailed  to
>me?
>
>A:  Log back on to SierraWeb by typing our address  in  your  web
>browser.  Then,  after  typing in your name and password, type in
>the Verification Code-Word and you'll be  officially  registered.
>This  is  the  only time you'll have to type in your Verification
>Code unless you re-register again.
>
>Q: Why does SierraWeb use a password and verification code-word?
>
>A: We ask for your name and email address to confirm the  unique-
>ness  of every member.  It allows us to a.) customize the service
>for each individual member's preferences and b.) help  us  better
>understand the demographic profile our membership and c.) prevent
>abuse of the website such as unauthorized orders or  the  use  of
>offensive language.  All in all, we want to get to know you as an
>individual.
>
>Q: What if I forget my password?
>
>A: At SierraWeb, you choose your own password so we hope it  will
>be  easy  to remember.  If you forget it, then you'll need to re-
>register and pick a new one.
>
>Q: How do I change the look and links of my personal User Page?
>
>A.  Just one of the things that makes SierraWeb unique is that it
>allows  you  to  change  the way you view much of the information
>that is available.  Special 'looks' will change the  web  control
>page  bars  at the top and bottom of the page as well as the page
>background.  (Can't view backgrounds on your browser  :^(  ,  you
>can still change your control bars.) For instance, you can choose
>an Arcade 'look' by choosing 'Arcade' from the pop-up menu at the
>bottom  right  of  your  SierraWeb  Personal Page.  If you're in-
>terested in Football or  Baseball,  you  might  select  the  'Box
>Seats' look. Do you like outer space and science fiction? Try out
>the Space Command  look.  Here's a chart to help you  choose  the
>look or looks that you might like
>
>If you like...				You might try...
>
>Adventure games like			Myth and Magic
>King's Quest
>
>Mother Goose or Playtoons		'Family Fun'

> [...]
Christian Promitzer                                 cprom@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at
Institute for Information Processing and Computer Supported New Media (IICM)
                   Graz University of Technology, Austria
Voice: ++43/316/873-5644                                Fax: ++43/316/824394
                       /_/  |_|

For information on Hyper-G look at http://hyperg.iicm.tu-graz.ac.at/Chyperg