CERN Line Mode Browser 2.14 Available
* * * * *
The CERN Line Mode Browser is a character based World-Wide Web Browser.
It is developed for use on dump terminals and as a test tool for the
CERN Common Code Library. It can be run in interactive mode, non-
interactive mode and as a proxy client. Furthermore it gives a variety
of possibilities for data format conversion, filtering etc.
* * * * *
CERN Line Mode Browser 2.14 is available, source code:
Precompiled binaries are available for Sun4, Solaris 2, HP Snake,
NeXT, NeXT-386, Decstation Ultrix, DEC OSF/1, SGI and AIX. They can be
Documentation is available at
The current address to send email about CERN Line Mode Browser is:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CERN Line Mode Browser Release Notes
The list might seem a bit spartan but the list of new features also
includes the list from CERN Common Code Library 2.16pre1.
* Added -reformat option to allow www to be used for generating HTML in
canonical form for running diffs, putting into code management
* The Browser now understands the "ALT" tag in inlined images</A>
* Improved help. The "Command Line Help" gets loaded if the browser is
called with the parameter "-?" or "-help".
* Bug in understanding "-p" and "-w" with and without spaces between the
Henrik Frystyk | Tim Berners-Lee
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
+ 41 22 767 8265 | + 41 22 767 3755
-------- World-Wide Web Project, CERN, CH-1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland --------