Re: Build Trouble

From: Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:32:17 -0400
To: Will Amrull <tak.kerna@gmail.com>
CC: www-lib@w3.org

Will Amrull wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to build libw3 using the latest CVS and MSVC files,
> but I am
> encountering a problem which causes about 85% of the project builds to
> fail.
>
> The problem seems to center around HTFile.h Line 102 :
> extern size_t HTFile_dirent_buf_size(DIR * dirp);

Wow, those HTFile_dirent_buf_size bits have been problematic.  Is there
anyway to find out what the macro 'DIR' (data type of directory stream
objects) resolves to on your system ?  In general this structure is
opaque to users of the dirent.h supplied definitions . . .

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help us help you !

Can you add the appropriate compiler switch to have the results of the
preprocessor output?  This way we can add appropriate defintions (to
www.sys.h) for your version of MSVC . . .

more,
l8r,

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
 -- William Gibson, quoted by Whitfield Diffie