libwww and avoiding download of binary/unknown files

From: Silvan Calarco <silvan.calarco@mambasoft.it>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 12:55:14 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi.
I'm writing my first app based on libwww, it aims to do something similar to
webbot but I'm facing a problem that I can't solve because of my limited
knowledge of the libwww architecture.
When a web site is scanned recursively using anchors and requests all the
files are downloaded including binary files. For these save file name is
prompted to the user (my app and webbot behave in the same manner), but I
don't want binary files to be downloaded at all. If I define the following
callback user is not prompted anymore but file is transferred from network to
the black hole thus generating unuseful traffic:

HTMIME_setSaveStream(HTBlackHoleConverter);

So my question is, can I detect the content type of a file (presumably letting
libwww read just a part of it) and then decide not to download it?How?

Thanks!

Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Silvan Calarco - http://www.mambasoft.it