openssl, verify error

From: <libwww@shared-files.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:30:43 +0100 (MET)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hallo,
Could someone help me out with the following problem:

We use www-lib and openssl, server and client authentication. If the server
certificate can't verify openssl traces "verify error: num=19 ... ".
In this case the application can't trust the server and should terminate,
but the application runaway. Is there any possibility by configuration to
stop the the application?

Thanks
D.Baum
-------
SSL_connect: SSLv3 read server hello A
depth = 2 /C=US/O=GTE Corporation/OU=GTE CyberTrust Solutions, Inc./CN=GTE
CyberTrust Global Root
verify error: num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
verify return: 1
depth = 2 /C=US/O=GTE Corporation/OU=GTE CyberTrust Solutions, Inc./CN=GTE
CyberTrust Global Root
verify return: 1
depth = 1 /C=DE/O=Deutsche Telekom AG/OU=TeleSec Trust Center/CN=Deutsche
Telekom CA 4
verify return:
1
depth
=
/O=Bundesverwaltungsamt/OU=Auslaenderzentralregister/L=Koeln/ST=NRW/2.5.4.17=50
728/C=DE/CN=xxx.yyy.net
verify return: 1
SSL_connect: SSLv3 read server certificate A
SSL_connect: SSLv3 read server certificate request A
SSL_connect: SSLv3 read server done A
requesting client certificate ...