Re: RFC: Makefile refactoring

From: Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:45:11 -0500
To: Arthur Smith <apsmith@aps.org>
CC: Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@courier-mta.com>, www-lib@w3.org

Arthur Smith wrote:

> Fewer library files (or just one) would be a little nicer - I've
> certainly had occasions where I accidentally left off one of the
> libraries and then was wondering what went wrong. No strong feelings
> on this though.
>
> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> I'd like to get a feel for what others think about this idea.  If
>> there's interest then I can submit the patch -- probably after the
>> currently-pending code is released, so that I can resync against the
>> released version.

Yea !   This sort of work can proceed in two directions.  It sounds like
you have nailed down the first.

The second would be providing some aid in using just a part of the
library function and only pulling in the required parts . . .

more,
l8r,

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
 -- William Gibson, quoted by Whitfield Diffie