Multithreading libwww

From: Annesley Newholm <annesley.newholm@wpsit.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:11:48 +0100
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm new to libwww. I'm trying to write a multi-threaded robot using libwww.
I have used the -enable-reentrant option in the compile but I think the
event loop is in some way global and causing the system to crash. Placing
the event loop in a mutex solves this but makes the multi-threading
pointless. There is some discussion on libwww and multi-threading but I
can't find any helpful conclusions.

Is there a way to make the event loop multi-threaded?

Would it be better instead to kick off the robots as processes instead of
threads?

If I understand correctly I can use non-blocking sockets and pipelining to
hold multiple conversations through sockets from many threads. Is what I'm
trying to do conceptually possible (i.e. shall I write the socks
communication myself)?

Annesley