Re: libwww security advisory

From: Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:09:27 -0400
To: Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@courier-mta.com>
CC: jose.kahan@w3.org, Harald Hoyer <harald@redhat.com>, www-lib@w3.org

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Vic Bancroft writes:
>
>> Okay, your patch looks like,
>
> [ . . . ]

Oh, sorry for not being more clear.  The patch I posted was pretty much
the result of

    [bancroft@hilbert libwww]$ wget
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=118820
    [bancroft@hilbert libwww]$ mv attachment.cgi\?id\=118820 HTBound.c
    [bancroft@hilbert libwww]$ diff $( find . -name HTBound.c ) | tee
    HTBound.c.diff

My intent was to check in the results of

    [bancroft@hilbert libwww]$ patch Library/src/HTBound.c < HTBound.c.diff
    patching file Library/src/HTBound.c

Is there some modification to HTMIME.c that is needed for a complete
revision ?

It would also help to have some nice examples of these problematic HTTP
1.1 byte range requests for testing . . .

more,
l8r,

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
 -- William Gibson, quoted by Whitfield Diffie