RE: Closing connections

Add the Connection:close header. By default libwww sends Connection:Keep-Alive.
Anton
	-----Original Message-----
	From: www-lib-request@w3.org [mailto:www-lib-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Andi Reinbrech
	Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 2:18 AM
	To: www-lib@w3.org
	Subject: Closing connections

	Hi, I hope someone still reads these posts, I am stuck in a bit of a mess.

	I need to send a string via POST to a .dll on the client, then receive a string back and parse it.

	For some reason, M$ IIS closes any ports after streaming data *EXCEPT* after a POST to a Web Service DLL.  The connection lingers and waits for libwww to time out (which is much too long for me to wait, as the response has been sent back already).

	Java handled this OK, but JNI turned out to be way too slow, hence the C attempt.

	I think Java looked at the Content-length header, and if the body content length matched it would assume that the transaction is done.

	Any ideas?
	Thanks,
	Andi
	mailto:areinbre@multichoice.co.za

	Everything in this e-mail and attachments relating to the official business of MultiChoice Africa is proprietary to the company. Any view or opinion expressed in this message may be the view of the individual and should not automatically be ascribed to the company.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email, facsimile or telephone and destroy the original message.