is libwww thread safe?

From: Akker, D van den <d.akker@Antonius.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:15:08 +0100
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>

I've made a threaded c++ wrapper for the libwww to get the content of a
web-page, but have some problems now. In every thread I make a new instance
of the libwww, but when I have 2 threads or more I get a Segmentation fault.

I've followed the "is libwww thread safe?"-thread, but i didn't get a clear
answer of the question. I see a lot of messages about "run configure with
--enable-reentrant to build thread-safe applications, but note that libwww
isn't thread safe throughout the code as not all functions are reentrant".
Is it thread safe?