HTTP Authentication with libwww

From: <erikvcl@silcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:45:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi,

As I see from the mailing list postings, this issue is covered frequently.
I'm still having trouble!  I got a great deal of help from Josh Watts'
posting back in 2001, but my application still isn't working.

Basically, I've implemented Josh Watts' suggestions on the example file
showtags.c.  Although the app runs, it outputs nothing.  Am I using the
wrong profile (HTProfile_newHTMLNoCacheClient)?

I really don't understand why this particular feature should be so hard to
use.  While there is lots of documentation, little of it seems useful.
Once I get it working, I would love to contribute a sample application
with authentication for the website since I think it would help others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik.