multi-threads using libwww

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry@oridus.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:11:35 -0700
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi All,
I have seen a lot of discussion regarding multi-threads using libwww

As I know, we can NOT have multi-threads which "directly" invoke libwww function calls to send requests simultaneously
what we only can do is all threads can put their requests to a quene, and there is another "single" thread which ends up taking care of sending all of requests

However, in my application I have 2 threads, one of them would send request to server and server would hold the request, I mean the sever will not respond instantly until there are really something which needs to be returned back to the client.
Therefore, single thread MUST not be enough in my case. I definitely need 2nd thread which can do other things while 1st thread is blocked

If libwww, as everyone mentions here, actually only has ONE thread internally to handle request sending. I think I need to use other library :~~

Please correct my ideas and provide some suggestions

thanks a lot
- Jerry