Slowing down in POST request-response

From: Tanmay Patwardhan <tpthesis@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:47:22 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi,

I am posting some data to a servlet using libwww 5.4 and getting back zipped
xml responses. I use the HTProfile_newNoCacheClient call to create a new
client. On repeated calls (300+ calls), the servlet response time for a
request remains 2 secs, but on the client side, libwww takes more and more
time to get the response. This goes upto 5 secs per request after 200
requests and 8 secs per request for 350+ requests.

Has anyone noticed such behaviour. I believe it could be somethign to do
with the lists in HtNet not being deleted and it needing to parse a linear
list on every call. Purify does not show any memory leaks but top2 shows
memory allocation increasing as time goes by.

I tried calling...
HTNetCall_deleteBeforeAll(HTNet_before());
HTNetCall_deleteAfterAll(HTNet_after()); before HTProfile_delete but with
this, only ONE call works, and gives a null pointer exception for the
second.

I would appreciate if someone could suggest how would one go about solving
this problem ?

Kind regards,
Tanmay

Tanmay Patwardhan