Re: Heads up. Upgrading the autotools and expat versions

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:08:35 +0100
To: www-lib@w3.org

Folks,

After testing, and as announced, I just commited the new version of expat
and upgraded the autotools to the latest versions.

I've only done this work on linux. The makefile for expat under windows
will need to be udpated too. I'll get to that soon. Of course,
your contributions are welcome in the meantime.

Tips:

When doing the update, do a:

	cvs update -dP

This will remove the files I've erased and give you the new ones.

If you're running under debian woody, you need to install the latest
version of tools: automake1.5, autoconf2.50 (it's 2.53, btw). You'll
have both the old and the new versions in your system. You need
to use the new ones, of course. To do so, you need to type the version
of the new one, e.g., autoheader2.50. Use the autocompletion to help
you find out what is what. This works on debian woody out of the box.
Ignore the few warnings.

My real test was made against the latest version of those tools and
there are no warnings.

Tell me if this works on other linux platforms. It may be that some
changes in the configure file had side effects.

Enjoy!

-jose