Help Libwww Plain text

From: chandra sekhar <chandra_6ce@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:05:23 +0000
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi,
    I am trying to convert the HTML file to plain text, html file is from
standard input not as URL, can anybody point me to a sample code or suggest
how to approach.

the default file showtext.c available from w3.org site converts source html
located at URL to plain text, but i want to give html file which resides
locally.

-regards
chandra