libwww threads and clients

From: jd sw <jdsw2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:18:29 -0800 (PST)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi

   I am new to this library, but familiar with HTTP and web in general. Would appreciate if someone can answer some of the queries I have.

I want to use this library in a multithreaded program to access multiple websites. Also, this program would act as multiple browser/robot to fetch/test a set of URLs periodically(which may or may not be going to the same web server)

The queries are

A. Can libwww be used in a multithreaded program ? Which portions of the library are thread safe ?

B. How does one go about simulating multiple http clients (browser like) in the same process where cookies, cache etc are kept separate each "client".

Thanks

Jd