Re: MacOSX, Amaya, libwww -- newbie build problems

At 5:39 PM +0000 1/18/03, Lee Harvey Osmond wrote:
>I have:
>MacOSX 10.2.3 with the Apple Public Beta X11R6 + SDK
>Apple "December 2002" developer tools
>GTK 1.2 (via OpenDarwin)
>
>I want to build Amaya ; I need libwww, but can't build it from the
>instructions, hints, etc.
>
>I'm working through http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/cvs.html :
>I've acquired sources for Amaya and libwww from CVS.  I copied the
>destination directory, for (a) backup and (b) observation of changes
>using FileMerge.app , a cool GUI frontend to 'diff'

Fink aleady supports instailling amaya and libwww for OS X if all you are
interested in are recent builds.

http://fink.sourceforge.net/

If you needed to build from Amaya CVS you could also look at fink's
patches that make Amaya and libwww build on OS X.

Jeff