POST over SSL -- direction needed please

From: Juliana Blaser <Juliana.Blaser@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:51:52 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi,

I've searched the archives regarding POST and I have learned quite a
bit.  I didn't see any messages pertaining to my particular problem.  I
was hoping someone with more experience could help me out.

1.  I have a C HTTP client that sends a GET request  (i.e.
https://localhost:4567/JavaServlet?key1=value1&key2=value2....)
successfully to a Java Servlet (javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet's doGet
method) using SSL.

2.  I need to figure out how to change this C HTTP client to pass the
same information via a POST request to the Java Servlet (obviously
change the HttpServlet.doGet to a HttpServlet.doPost) due to encryption
and security issues.

I've looked at the post.c and wwwssl.c code, but having little
background in the web/web servers etc. it is confusing.  If I had a
decent understanding, then this *should* be a relative easy task.  ANY
advice or direction (including sample code) would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Juliana